Tuesday 5 April 2011

Introducing the new WWE Champion.....me?

OK not really! As those of you who watched Wrestlemania 27 on Sunday you will know that The Miz (with more than a bit of help from The Rock) and Edge are still the champions. As I was watching that fantastic event in the wonderful Southfield pub (as part of my ultimate sports day which you can read here), I thought I could do it. I could be a wrestler.

Well I thought I could straight after the event. I could do a promo (maybe), I could take a bump (probably), and I could certainly sell some of the moves. I am not sure about the whole 'wrestling' bit, but that can be learnt.
It was one of the things I wanted to do when I was younger. At school I lived and breathed it, that and football were the two main things I had anything to do with. All those break and lunch times at school that were spent doing daft matches and stuff. Since then I have had a bit of an on/off relationship with it. I spend weeks watching it then I go off it again, I would probably describe myself as a 'fair weather' wrestling fan popping up when Wrestlemania or the Royal Rumble are around the corner.
Anyway what would be my character or gimmick? At primary school I was part of a tag team with a mate called the Geordie Yorkshire Pasties. I don't know where that name came from and now personally think its a bit terrible. We created the characters on WWF Attitude for Playstation. I even got myself an attitude t-shirt so I could be like one of the new wrestlers who didn't have a t-shirt yet. However we grew out of it. I have had the lingering thought of what if I could try it, would I be any good? Could I be the next British Bulldog, William Regal, or more recently, Wade Barrett?
Now thinking on, probably not. Lets face it, I am not very well built, I can very barely hold off a tackle in football, let alone do a powerbomb on the Big Show. I am not that agile, I can barely do a forwards roll, let alone a huracanrana off the top rope. Most importantly I am 5ft 8. I am not exactly massive, and I know Rey Mysterio gets away with it, but he does flips and that.
So I think I will stick to watching it. I am quite good at that. But its good to dream.
For my own amusement here would be me with the World Heavyweight title belt:
Aye I bet you Austin and the Rock are shaking in their boots now!

No comments:

Post a Comment